You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PrincessRebekah" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 3:37pm

How long does your Cervix stay open for during ovulation?

When you ovulate I know your cervix changes position (lowers?), becomes wet, and feels 'open'. How logn does this happen for and are you most fertile when it's 'open'?

If you ovulated over a 24/48 hr period, how come it's 'open' for longer than this? I hope i make sense!

xx
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Grace

Involuntary insomniac

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 3:43pm

This differs from woman to woman but it should only be at its peak for about 24 hours but it is quite difficult to measure when it has reached its peak position as it rises slowly as oestrogen and lh rise and then drops fairly rapidly with the onset of progesterone, when I was ttc naturally I always managed to miss it - which is why you should bd every 2-3 days. That said sperm can get through as soon as it starts to open if you have good ewcm so don't have to wait for it to reach it's peak, it stays open for longer than it takes you to ovulate because your body wants the maximum amount of sperm to get through to be ready and waiting for the released egg - sperm can stay alive for about 7 days if the conditions are right so by opening early your body is hoping to have a little store of sperm all in the right place to fertilise your egg.

Hope that makes sense.

• "PrincessRebekah" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 3:51pm

Thanks hun, it makes perfect sense!

I've noticed the changes previously but this time it seems to be staying put, 3 days and counting! I'm on day 17 of a 31 day cycle so I guess that's pretty spot on! x
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Grace

Involuntary insomniac

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 6:07pm

Sounds about right, mine does a similar thing in that it goes up a couple of days in advance and then it slowly opens (and it's really difficult to feel any difference), the best indicator is to bd when you see good EWCM as this is what sperm need to survive and make it through the cervix, if there is ewcm then it doesn't matter if your cervix isn't fully open because the sperm can live in it for days until they can get through.